Wireless for HDMI (UWB Technology)
The First Wireless HDMI Extender featuring Cable-Free High Definition Extension up to 30 Feet.
The Gefen Wireless HDMI Extender is the perfect solution for sending up to three High Definition AV sources to any one location without the hassle of wires. The Gefen Wireless HDMI Extender is able to accomplish this by employing Ultra-Wideband (UWB) technology to send the large amounts of data required by the HDMI standard. Up to a 30 foot line-of-sight distance (less if going through a wall to an adjacent room) is achievable with resolutions of up to 1080p@30 supported.
This is a perfect solution in scenarios where traditional cabling cannot be applied. The plug-and-play installation makes it simpler than ever to extend HDMI to another room or to a ceiling projector in a matter of minutes, all without having to run cables and/or drill through walls and ceilings.
The Gefen Wireless HDMI also doubles as a High Definition AV switcher. There are three High Definition AV inputs (2 HDMI and 1 Component) that are selectable by the transmitting unit.
If the wireless receiver is located in an remote location, the IR repeater feature will relay remote control commands from your location back to the source. Once the IR blaster is properly placed, simply pointing your existing remote control at the receiver will send the remote commands back to your AV source device(s) for a truly seamless experience.
See the review for this product in Popular Science!!
How It Works
The Gefen Wireless HDMI extender uses a simple send-and-receive methodology. A local sender unit is paired to a receiver unit at the remote location. All communication sent between these units is done using wireless signals.
In practice, you will connect up to 2 HDMI sources and 1 Component source to the transmitting unit. The display, with optional analog audio, will be connected to the receiving unit. Once the included power adapters are connected and the display and sources are turned on, you will be able to enjoy High Definition video at your wireless remote location.
To switch between the available inputs, you will press the input selector switch located on the transmitter's front panel. Alternatively, you can use the Automatic Switching feature that monitors the HDMI input ports and switches to either one when an HDMI source is turned on. When an HDMI device is turned off, the Gefen Wireless HDMI Extender will automatically switch back to the last source viewed. To switch to the component input, simply turn off both of the connected HDMI sources, and the Extender will automatically display the component video.
HDMI signal over RG-59 or RG-6 coaxial cable are supported via optional SMA adapter kit.
* Real-time, visually lossless HD video compression
* Two HDMI inputs and one Component Video / Analog Audio input
* Support for Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound
* Fully HDMI and HDCP compliant
* Supports HDMI 1.3 Lip Sync features for source devices
* 2-ch Audio and PCM @ 32KHz, 44.1KHz, 48KHz supported as well as multichannel compressed 5.1 audio
* IR Blaster and IR Receiver jacks
* Input Selector Switch
* Up to 30 feet line-of-sight wireless operation with 65 Mbps throughput
* Frequency Band Range: 3.1 - 4.8 GHz
* Resolutions: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p@24Hz, 25Hz, and 30Hz
* HDMI 1.3 Compatible, HDMI 1.2 Compliant
* Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) compliant
* ADI JPEG 2000 visual lossless compression
* Operating Temperature: 0 to 40 degrees C
* Operating Humidity: 10% to 90% relative humidity, non-condensing
* Power Supply: 5V DC
* Power Consumption: 12.5 Watts (max) each power supply
* FCC Compliant Part 15
* Dimensions: 6" W x 2" H x 4" D
* Shipping Weight: 6 lbs.
* Wireless HDMI Extender Sender unit
* Wireless HDMI Extender Receiver unit
* Two 5V DC Power Supplies
* User's Manual
* SMA to F Connector KitSMA Plug Adapter to F Connector Jack Kit