Extend dual-link DVI up to 6,600 feet (2 km)
The DVI•2500HD uses 4 strand fiber optic cables to extend Dual Link DVI display up to 6,600 feet away from your source. Dual link DVI describes the use of all 24 pins of the DVI (Digital Visual Interface) connector to achieve super high resolutions. Featuring Virtual DDC, the DVI•2500HD can run without the use of a CAT5 cable.
How It Works
The DVI•2500HD Sender unit sits next to your computer. Cables supplied with the DVI•2500HD system connect the DVI source to the DVI•2500HD Sender unit. The DVI•2500HD Receiver unit sits next to your Dual Link DVI display and plugs into the DVI display's dual-link DVI port. An optional CAT-5 cable and multi-mode 4 strand LC fiber optic cable (4-strand) connects the sender and the receiver units to each other.
Single-mode fiber extensions can travel as much as 2km (6560 feet) using virtual EDID. DVI resolutions can be up to 1920x1200 (single-link) and 2560x1600 (dual-link). Multi-mode fiber extensions can travel as much as 500m (1640 feet). In addition, CAT5 cable extensions of up to 330 feet (100 m) may be achieved with DDC2B. (The CAT5 cable is used for direct DDC2B, Hotplug and DC power.)
* Extends any dual link DVI compliant device up to 6,600 feet (2 km) from the computer
* Uses a 4 strand multimode LC-LC fiber optic cable; 2-strand/1-strand (duplex) for single-link
* Optionally use one CAT-5e cable for DDC and control signals
* Supports HDTV resolutions such as 720p and 1080p
* Supports up to 2560 x 1600 resolution at 60Hz refresh rate.
* Supports DDWG standards for DVI compliant monitors
* Supports Virtual DDC and DDC2B protocols
* HDCP compliant
* Video Amplifier Bandwidth: 2 x 165 MHz
* Input Video Signal: 1.2 volts p-p
* Input DDC Signal: 5 volts p-p (TTL)
* DVI Connector: DVI-D (24 pin) female
* Video Link Connector: LC
* DDC Link Connector: RJ-45 Shielded
* Power Supply: 12V DC
* Power Consumption: 36 watts (max) each power supply
* Dimensions: 4.4"D x 8.4"W x 1.1"H
* Shipping Weight: 5 lbs.
* (1) DVI•2500HD Sender
* (1) DVI•2500HD Receiver
* (2) 12V Power Supply
* (1) 6ft DVI-DL Cable (M-M)
* (1) User's Manual