Extend your RS-232 device up to 1000 feet away from your computer.
Now you can extend your RS-232 peripherals to a remote location 1000 feet away. Control your favorite Gefen products that use RS-232 or any other serial control devices that use RS-232. All 9-pins are perfectly reproduced from one end to the other.
How It Works
The RS-232 Extender sender unit connects to your computer using the supplied cable. The extended RS-232 device connects to the receiver unit. CAT-5 cables connect the send and receive units - up to 1000 feet away. The sender is powered by a 5 volt power supply, which will also power the receiver via the CAT-5 cable.
* Extends any RS232 compliant device up to 1000 feet (300 meters) from the computer
* One CAT-5e cable required for extension
* Perfect for digital signage applications
* RS232 Input Connector: DB-9 female
* RS232 Output Connector: DB-9 male
* Link Connector: RJ-45 Shielded
* Conforms to RS-232C standards
* Power Supply: 5V DC
* Power Consumption: 5 Watts (max)
* Dimensions: 1.2" W x 3.8" D x 1.2" H
* Shipping Weight: 1 lbs.
* (1) RS232 Extender S Sender Unit
* (1) RS232 Extender R Receive Unit
* (1) 6 foot serial cable
* (1) 5V external power supply