Computer Extension : the CAT5-1000/CAT5-1500
Operate Your Computer Equipment Far Away From The Computer
Long Distance CAT5 Cabling Connects Remote Keyboard/Video/Mouse to the Computer
This, our flagship KVM extender, comes in two high-performance versions that each extend a computer's analog video, audio and control signals any distance up to 330-feet (100-meters) from the computer. What differentiates the two is the video extension technique used and the amount of cabling needed for extension.
CAT5-1000 - Simple and Effective
The CAT5-1000 requires just one CAT5 cable to transmit video, audio and control signals to the remote workstation. It essentially bundles the signals together before, during and after transmission so that cabling is reduced while reliable signal transmission is achieved. This is the ideal solution for anyone who desires an effective method to extend their workstation anywhere within 330-feet from the computer.
CAT5-1500 - Additional Video Refinement
The CAT5-1500 works just like the CAT5-1000, but it uses two CAT5 cables to transmit its signals to the remote workstation because the video is sent separately from the control and audio signals. The key benefit here is that the video can be tweaked or refined on the receiving end. Another benefit is that the video can actually be extended a few hundred feet further (up to 600-feet) if needed. The CAT5-1500 is perfect for anyone who needs to extend the computer workstation and has more demanding video requirements.
The CAT5-1000 and the CAT5-1500 work with all CRT and LCD computer monitors as well as USB-equipped keyboards and mice (Mac or PC).
How It Works
How it works Both the CAT5-1000 and the CAT5-1500 utilize a sender and receiver methodology to connect the extended workstation to the computer. Simply connect the sender unit to your computer using the cables provided. Then connect the receiver unit to the computer?s keyboard, monitor and mouse at the remote location. CAT5 cable(s), sold separately, then connect the sender unit to the receiver unit. Both the sender and the receiver units must be connected to a power supply. When fully powered and operational, the units efficiently extend video, audio and control signals.
* Extends any VGA display up to 330 feet
* Maintains 1920 x 1200 resolution video
* Extends USB 1.1 compliant devices up to 330 feet
* Additional focus trimpot for higher resolutions
* Eliminates computer noise where you work
* Uses two CAT-5e cables
* Video Amplifier Bandwidth: 350 MHz
* Input Video Signal: 1.2 volts p-p
* Input Sync Signal: 5 volts p-p (TTL)
* Horizontal Frequency Range: 15 - 70 KHz
* Vertical Frequency Range: 30 - 170 Hz
* Video In: HD-15 male
* Video out: HD-15 female
* Audio Connector: mini-phone Stereo 3.5mm
* Focus/Brightness Control: 25 to 330 ft
* Link Connector: RJ-45 Shielded
* USB Input/Output Connectors: type B / type A
* Power Supply: 5V DC
* Power Consumption per unit: 10 Watts
* Dimensions: 8.4" W x 1.6" H x 4.2" D
* Shipping Weight: 6 lbs.
* Sender Unit
* Receiver Unit
* One 6ft VGA cable (PC/Black)
* One 6ft USB cable
* One 6ft Audio cable
* Two 5V DC Power Supplies