GefenTV Standard Definition Personal Video Recorder
GefenTV SD Personal Video Recorder
Records Standard Definition Video onto Removable USB Media
Instant Video Recording to USB Memory Devices = A Speedier and Superior Solution
The Gefen SD Personal Video Recorder (or SD-PVR) allows consumers to implement the functions of a traditional video tape recorder or DVD recorder, but in a faster, simpler and more efficient way using USB flash or USB hard-drive media. By using removable USB devices, consumers can fully exploit instant accessibility and portability of digital recordings in a way not previously possible.
No More Missed Action
You won't miss the action any more with the Gefen SD-PVR. With a touch of the IR Remote, you'll be able to instantly begin recording programs or video segments when inspiration strikes you. With the capacity to review, fast forward, fast backwards, pause, and erase videos, you'll have unprecedented flexibility in capturing what you want, when you want!
Your Personal Multimedia Playback Center
The Gefen SD-PVR is not just for recording video. You can connect any USB device and scan it for music or videos, even digital picture albums, then play back previously recorded clips and rename or move them.
How It Works
Multiple Video Sources and Displays
The PVR is easy to use. You simply connect your video source(s) to one or all of the SD-PVR's 3 inputs, then connect the Display on any of the up to 3 video output ports (Composite, Component and S-Video). Once the Source(s), the SD-PVR and the Display are powered and connected, you simply select the video source and function that you want using the infrared (IR) remote. If you want to create first-time settings for instant recording and other capabilities, you can go into the friendly On-Screen Display and adjust the settings.
* Video recording and playback at resolutions of 480i and 576i
* Instant video recording via a single button on the remote control
* Pause, mute, fast forward & fast backwards playback controls
* Media scanning function to locate audio/video files automatically
* Playback of externally imported videos, music, pictures
* 3 different quality settings for storage compression
* Friendly graphical interface for controlling settings
* 2x-10x digital picture zoom for viewing photos
* Video Amplifier Bandwidth: 74.5 Mhz
* Input Video Signal: 1.2 Volts p-p
* Input DDC Signal: 5 Volts p-p (TTL)
* Single Link Range: 480i and 576i
* Input Connectors: Composite (TV), S-Video, Component
* Output Connectors: Composite (TV), S-Video, Component
* Audio Connections: Analog L/R, input and output
* Remote Control : Infra-Red handheld type
* Power Consumption: 20 Watts (maximum)
* Dimensions: 6.9"W x 2.1"H x 6.9"D
* Shipping Weight: 5 lbs.